Printed from the Merit Badge Center, Philippines - http://www.meritbadge.org.ph/
- Show the correct way to:
- Transport a person with compound fracture of the forearm; head injury; spinal column injury.
- Make and apply splints for a broken thigh bone.
- Explain the dangers involved in the transportation of an injured person even before the injury is known.
- Show how to:
- Stop bleeding from a ruptured varicose vein in the leg.
- Control arterial and/or venous bleeding on the wrist and calf of leg and other parts of the body.
- Tell and show what to do in the following cases:
- A person in contact with an electric wire
- A person in a state of shock due to starvation, injuries and certain diseases
- A person who choked from drowning if from water, or food lodged in your windpipe while eating
- A person who dove into shallow water, struck your head against a submerged object and fell unconscious
- Tell what disease germ is likely to be found in a gunshot wound, stab wound, wound caused by rusty nail, pitchfork or garden rake, or from a powder burn; explain why the patient in such cases must be taken to a physician for treatment.
- Show how to:
- Sterilize a small piece of cloth or part of your shirt if you have to use it as an improvised bandage or dressing
- Treat extreme shock, using cover, correct position and heating devices
- Give a patient external massage
Family Doctor.Org - http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home.html
First Aid - BSA Troop 780 - http://www.bsatroop780.org/skills/FirstAid.htm
Learn CPR - http://depts.washington.edu/learncpr/
Philippine National Red Cross - http://www.redcross.org.ph/
WebMD - http://my.webmd.com/
First Aid - /pub/pdf/notes_firstaid.pdf
Worksheet - http://www.mbcenter.org/pub/ws/ws_firstaid.pdf