Printed from the Merit Badge Center, Philippines - http://www.meritbadge.org.ph/
- Identify and name ten (10) kinds of timber trees or shrubs. Tell the importance and uses of each.
- Collect and identify seeds of ten (10) different kinds of trees.
- Name three minor forest products, and give the sources and uses of each.
- Name two important enemies of the forest. Suggest remedies to combat or prevent damage caused by each of these enemies.
- Enumerate some effects of kaingin, and what remedies should be done. Tell something about the law penalizing illegal kaingin.
- Tell something about the work of the Bureau of Forest Development and what it is doing for the country.
- Understand the meaning of forest conservation and how it may be achieved. Give the importance of conserving forests.
- Write a 300-word essay on the importance of forests to wildlife, the people of the community, and to our country.
Forest Management Bureau - http://www.psdn.org.ph/denr/fmb/fmb2.htm
Old Farmers Almanac - http://www.almanac.com
Worksheet - http://www.mbcenter.org/pub/ws/ws_forestry.pdf