Printed from the Merit Badge Center, Philippines - http://www.meritbadge.org.ph/
Machine Shop Practice
- Visit a machine shop, trade school, or a factory using or manufacturing machinery. Observe the benchwork, power equipment, machine tools, and safety devices to protect workers, and make a report of this visit.
- Name the uses of the following: lathe, planer, shaper, power and drill press.
- Name and tell the uses of at least ten (10) of the principal hand tools used by machinists.
- Show the divisions of a foot, an inch, a meter, and a centimeter.
- Make a rough sketch of a ball peen hammer head.
- Demonstrate how to read a vernier and a micrometer caliper.
- Enumerate ten (10) safety rules to be followed while operating machines.
- Demonstrate the operation of a machine in a machine shop, observing the proper safety rules.
Worksheet - http://www.mbcenter.org/pub/ws/ws_machineshoppractice.pdf