Printed from the Merit Badge Center, Philippines - http://www.meritbadge.org.ph/
- Describe the purpose, preparation, and manufacture of various articles of pottery. Be able to tell the different kinds of clay. Name the best kinds for making pottery.
- Draw two pottery forms, one of which must be decorated.
- Design and mold by hand five pottery forms, such as:
- an ordinary cooking pot
- a water jar
- a water pitcher
- a bowl
- a flower vase
- a frying pan
- a plate
- a drinking mug
- a basin
- Describe the methods of firing and glazing pottery.
- Tell something about the wares of one of the following people or places: Ilocos, Pasig, Greece, Delft, Damascus, Sevres, Luca dela Robbia, Josiah Wedgewood.
Pottery Everyday - http://www.andsarahlaughed.com
Worksheet - http://www.mbcenter.org/pub/ws/ws_pottery.pdf